Keydiy KD-X2 reviews what work and don’t work, update and compare with handy baby and Xhorse key tool.
Part 1: Keydiy KD-X2 reviews what work and don’t work
First look its nice, chip read fast, remote frequency test work good. It has one interesting function, simulate remote by tool and android app.
kd-x2 precode many remote. You can’t copy proxy key, keydiy work to make universal proxy key.
KD-X2 can clone transponder, as you can see in the following picture, the 46Chip locked 7936 is allowed to copy.
Part 2: use OBDSTAR DP tablet on Keydiy software successfully.
You can see it identifies 40 72.
- On the obdstar DP tablet, you can see:
4D+ of large capacity DST80
Toyota G master key
72G chip Toyota/Lexus
- Remote Functions display on DP pad.
4.You can see the icon “Mobile KD KeyDIY” which is installed on the DP.
Part 3: Keydiy KD-X2 4.6.2 update unlock used remotes perfectly
I just updated Keydiy KD-X2 to version 4.6.2 and the REMOTE UNLOCK option is now available.
Unlock key means in this case unlocking used keys so they can be reused , thus cutting costs on new keys by unlocking and using 2nd hand keys.
Part 4: KD-X2 VS handy baby VS xhorse key tool:
- Generally speaking, the tool looks very good, it is this very small display compared to other tools on the market.
- For now VVDI key tool is better to chip copy, kd-x2 precode many remote. I use both now and i am weiting for update on kd soft.
- vvdi key tool you need tokens for id48 96 bit cloning , tokens are $8 each , handy baby now use tokens for 96 bit as well which are alot dearer .speaking to kd , they havnt made the decision yet on tokens or how much tokens will be for 96 bit id48 .keyline use no tokens but the gkm chips are £15 .
silca use no tokens and silca 48 currently around £12 for the id48 chip ( rumours of their about to go up in price )
both above clone in just a few minutes and token free .
xhorse vvdi key tool tokens are $8usd plus cost of chip
handy baby cheap chip but expensive token
at the end of the day its the speed to clone , the cost to clone and the chip price that will dictate the best tool , the token and chip prices may make silca and keyline competative as token free and very fast and reliable , time will tell.
the cost of the machine is not a factor , the cost of consumables ie tokens and chips is far more important , as a decent saving to produce the chip will soon negate the cost of the kit , once all consumable prices are known then it becomes easier to decide on best machine .
I have silca , keyline and handy baby options already , i have a kdx-2 on way to test for a uk distributor , soon id48 will be just another key to clone . with silca about to release ford 80 bit cloning im sure the rest will have it too in no time .